Saturday, June 30, 2007

Leftovers galore

I've been going out a lot lately, so I've tried to be wise about the leftovers. I tried to reuse a tofu dish I didn't really like, and I still didn't really like it.
Yesterday I invented a yummy dish that worked wonders for some OTHER leftover tofu. The tofu was in spicy sauce. I stirfried it a bit more to make it firmer. Then I added a can of goya green peas in coconut milk and some Thai spicy sauce. It was quite yummy! Sort of a creamy spicy sauce. Then I put some jasmine rice in the microwave, which I don't reccommend doing, since you can't monitor the soaking up process.

I had a half of a leftover burrito to which I added the rest of my refried beans (finally using them up). It was better the first time, but full of the protein I need! Things will calm down a bit perhaps this week and I'll get to try the magic out in the kitchen!

No comments: