Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Lazy Days

Since I took a nap today, I didn't really feel like cooking for myself. So I just plopped in some tortellini with spinach and cheese. I took some Amy's Organic Basil Tomato sauce and added a bit of my quickly going south spinach. It was a quick and easy meal. I supplemented with leftover Arugula Visscysois (sp?).

Then I got the urge to use up some bananas because, for some reason, I bought too many bananas. So I made a vegan banana bread to bring to work tomorrow. I used my momma's recipe, and veganized it.

Veg*n Triathlete's Momma's Banana Bread
Preheat Oven to 350 F (not 400 like I did today)
Blend til creamy: 1/2 c vegan butter (melted), 1 c organic granulated sugar
Beat 3 Tbs hot water and 2 tsp Egg Replacer; add to above
Add 4 mushed up bananas (the older the better)
Add 2 c (whole wheat) flour, 2.5 tsp baking powder, .5 tsp salt
Add a hand-full or more of dried blueberries (or anything else you want)
Bake 1 hour

Then I felt the need to use up the remaining salvagable spinach. It only turned out to be about a cup. So I used my momma's pesto recipe as a very rough base, since I had nothing it called for except pine nuts and garlic. I call it:

Spinach and Arugula Pesto
1 c spinach + 2 handfulls arugula
1/4 c Hazelnut oil
1/4 c pine nuts
1/4 c vegan parmasan grated cheese
1 clove garlic

Whirl all together in a small food processor. I froze it for later.

No comments: