Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Lentils and turnips

I won't go so far as to call my lentils dal. I don't think I do a good dal. But I did make some lentils in the crockpot. I got the recipe from about.com (go figure) and made a few alterations.

Curried Lentils and Turnips

1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 medium onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
2 cup lentils, rinsed
1/2 cup brown rice
1 17-ounce package chopped turnip greens with turnips
5 cups vegetable broth
salt to taste

Put brown rice in crockpot with broth and turn on high for about an hour. Prep everything else. Add everything else to crockpot and make sure there's enough broth to cover all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours. If you have longer, you can cook on low for about 8 hours.

No comments: