Sunday, September 9, 2007

Risotto Helper

I've never had hamburger helper, but I imagine this is pretty much what it would have been like. I sorta made up this recipe on the spot. I was cooking at a friend's house, it was quite fun. We should do it more often! I love one pot meals as well. It was quick, and easy.

Ingredients
1 package butternut squash risotto (I forgot the brand): add water & soy milk
1/2 package veggie crumbles
1/2 large zucchini
a bit of olive oil
onion powder
garlic powder


1. Start cooking the risotto according to the directions in a medium size pan.
2. Break up the crumbles so they look like hamburger meat.
3. Heat a bit of olive oil in a pan and add the crumbles. Saute until browning and add the onion and garlic powder.
4. Cut up the zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Add to the risotto when there are about 10 minutes left to cook time.
5. When risotto is finished (still a little gloopy) add the crumbles.
6. Mix well and serve. Would be wonderful with some (veggie) grated cheese as well.

No comments: