Friday, September 7, 2007

Lunch in the Gardens

Today we took our students to the Botanical Gardens. It was hot and we walked a lot. But I had some great energy food with me! The recipe stems from a few online recipes I encountered last night when I discovered I didn't have any jelly.

Tortilla Nut Sandwhich
1-2 soft corn tortillas (depending on how neat you are)
some nut butter of choice (I used cashew)
raisins (I used dark raisins)
honey (or other sweetner)
1/2 apple sliced up with lime juice to preserve color

Lather the tortilla(s) with nut butter, then raisins, then sweetner, then apples. Fold or roll and enjoy. You may need to wrap in another tortilla if things seem to be falling apart. They did for me!

I also had some cheerios and a separate apple. And a lovely student bought us juice! They're so sweet!

No comments: